The first night the coach took the kids far into outfield, sat them in a circle and talked the entire hour. Hmmmm. Jamie and I were watching from a distance wondering what in the world they could be discussing for that long. This is baseball for Pete’s sake, aren’t you supposed to be throwing and catching balls and practicing batting? Apparently they were discussing things such as, we don’t hit our friends with bats, we don’t throw balls at faces, etc... Common sense stuff that normal parenting should have already covered but I guess some kids needed the run down.
We are now a couple of practices in and he loves it. I personally think he is a bit bored as it is not much of a challenge for him since he already knows how to throw, catch and hit. We always say that baseball will be his game. He is just naturally talented when it comes to it. Much different than hockey!
His first real game, against other teams is next week and we are excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment