On March 10, 2006 I was admitted to the hospital to get induced with our first child. I arrived at the hospital at 10:00 a.m. Jamie was at work at the time so my dad met me at the hospital since he worked right up the road.
Jamie was just about the most adorable first time dad there has ever been. He was panic stricken when I called him. I think he thought when I said it was time,that meant the baby was going to be there any minute! I told him to breath, go home, shower and grab his bag. Jamie showed up around 11:30 a.m. I think he was relieved to see me sitting comfortably with no baby in my arms yet! We started going over the checklist, and realized he forgot to grab the camera! He looked at the nurse with fear and she said, "it's OK, you have plenty of time" so off he was to get the camera.
My labor progressed and the baby looked good on the monitor so they let me sit and relax. Our whole family was there and so was my best friend! It was so nice and helped the time pass. To this day I am so grateful for my family and friends who endured my long labor with me!
At about 3:00 p.m. a nurse came in to attach a monitor to the baby. While doing this something went wrong and before I knew it, it was like a scene out of ER. Lights where flashing, alarms were ringing and about a half dozen nurses came rushing into the room. Then I started to get light headed. My mom was holding my hand at the time and I asked her what was going on. I had felt a gush and thought my water had broke. It turns out I was loosing blood. I lost about a pint of blood in a short amount of time. Luckily they got that under control and the baby and I were OK. They decided it would be a good time to give me an epidural.
The night went on and our family were all still there! At about 10:00pm we had the room cleared out so Jamie and I could get some rest. We'll I rested, and Jamie watched the high school hockey tournament!
At 11:00 p.m. they came in and checked me, I was a 10! But my doctor was at another hospital so they had me continue relaxing and let the baby come down a little more.
The doctor arrived around 12:30 a.m. It was go time! I started to push with Jamie and my mom by my side. After about 30 minutes I started to get tired so I started to fake push but was quickly called out by my mother. So I started to push for real again and got nauseous. They turned me on my side but that was not helping either. At that point, I had decided I was the only one who was going to get this baby out so I pushed with all my might! At 1:34 a.m. on March 11, 2006, exactly 3 years after our first date, our first baby was born! ITS A BOY! Jamie's face was priceless. He looked at me and said "they said boy" He was so happy, so proud. Jack was born at 37 1/2 weeks and weighed 7 lbs 5 oz. A perfect baby boy
On March 12, 2006 I was in the nursury with Jack for his midnight feeding and felt that something was NOT RIGHT. Here I was only a mommy for two days and I just knew something was wrong. So I told the nurse about it and she promised to watch him all night and wake me up if something happened. The next morning we were woken up by the NICU doctor telling us our precious baby boy had a seizure.
Jack was transferred to the NICU at the U of M to be evaluated. They ran every test to find out why this had happened. In the end, they had come to the conclusion he had a low calcium level which cause him to have that seizure. We were so thankful it was nothing neurological. On March, 16, 2006 we took our baby boy home. We were a happy family of 3.
Jack is now 4 years old and full of more life than anyone I know. He has a kind heart like his daddy, the best personality and loves sports, cars, and action hero's!

No comments:
Post a Comment