Thursday, August 19, 2010

March 2006

In the summer of 2005, Jamie and I were living in Bloomington doing what young people do. I think they have a song called "Everybody's working for the weekend" and that is what we were doing. Not a care in the world. BBQs, trips to the cabin, dancing, dinners anything we wanted, anytime we wanted.

On August 8, 2005 I felt that something was not right so I talked to my best friend and told her about it. I took her advice and found out the most shocking news I have ever had to deal with at that point in my life. I WAS PREGNANT! As I mentioned I was shocked, I was scared I was just about ever emotion in the book. When Jamie got home from work I was sitting in the living room. We were getting ready to go to his weekly softball game. He looked and me and said, "what is wrong?" I am sure my face had a look of terror. He immediately said "your pregnant" I was surprise to hear those words come out of his mouth because I did not even mention any suspicion to him. I replied with a "yes". We got in the truck and went to the softball game. After the game we bought a couple more pregnancy test just to confirm I really was with child. They all came up positive. I made a Dr. appointment and we were told we had a due date of March 26, 2006.

After the initial shock went away, excitement came. Jamie and I had been together for 2 1/2 years at this point. We knew we would get married and have babies together, so we just had to accept our plans were a little out of order.

My pregnancy was pretty smooth.I craved sour gummy worms and milk but thankfully not together! I had a minor complication through out, but the baby was fine so I was grateful. We decided not to find out the sex of the baby. Actually, Jamie didn't want to find out and I respected that. I knew I would not be able to keep a secret from him so I went along with it as well.

In February of 2006, Jamie asked me if I wanted to get married before the baby came. (he had asked me earlier but I told him we would do it after the baby).But this time I said YES! As a little girl you always dream about your wedding day. In the beginning, I wanted the big wedding all the guests all the planning. But when he asked me this time, all of that stuff didn't matter. All I wanted was to be married to him and have our baby. Jamie called my parents and asked their permission to marry me, and I called his parents and asked if they thought it would be alright if I became a Henry. Of course both parents said yes, and we set the wedding date March 3, 2006.

On March 2, 2006 I was sent to the hospital. I remember crying saying," NO I cant have the baby right now, I am getting married tomorrow!" After a couple of hours in triage, they sent me home.

On March 3, 2006 I spent the day relaxing at home. My mom picked up my dress, my sister had a professional make up artist come in and I got ready for my wedding. Jamie went to his parents for the day and got ready over there. Our wedding was beautiful. We had close family and friends in attendance. Just the way it was supposed to be. My mother had organized our wedding dinner at Amore Victoria in Uptown which just happened to be the old Georgio's wine bar, the same place where Jamie and I had our first date. She had no idea which made it even more special. The next day our whole family came over to our new house and helped us paint. It was a great weekend of family, friends and love.

On March 9, 2006 I was sent back to the hospital. Once again after a couple of hours in triage, they sent me home and told me to follow up with my doctor's office the next morning. On March 10, 2006 I went to the doctor for that check up, did a non stress test and everything was fine. But my doctor thought was up so she ordered an ultrasound. After that, they found that I had low amniotic fluid so they sent me to the hospital. I was going to be induced! There was no turning back now!

No comments:

Post a Comment