Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Working mother, missing out.

Ever feel like you are missing out on your child's life? Being a working mother is the hardest thing in the world. Today I got a phone call from my husband informing me that our baby boy rolled over for the first time. As excited as I was I soon felt sad, guilty, mad that I was at work just hearing about it and not witnessing it myself. I am grateful Jamie was there to witness it and not a daycare provider but still my heart sank a little when I heard the good news.

So what is a working mother to do? I have heard stories of mothers up and quitting their jobs when getting news like this. Believe me I was tempted. But in all honesty that is not a possibility for us. I spend every minute I am at home with my children and yet I feel like they are growing up too fast and their first milestone moments are only witnessed by me after the fact.

With all of that being said, I am learning to cherish the moments I do have with them and use everyday to remind my children how much I love them and how proud I am to be their mommy. I am blessed.

Jack and Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment